Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Shhh...be vewy vewy quiet...

I'm engaging in lifelong learning. I need all the concentration power I can get!

Okay, thanks.

I just completed the 7 1/2 habits of lifelong learners tutorial. I certainly consider myself a lifelong learner, largely due to curiosity about anything and everything. I always tell the kids who come in to the library that my favorite book of all time is the World Almanac and Book of Facts because almost anything you could ever want to know is in there somewhere. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think Habit #2: accept responsibility for your own learning is one that comes easiest for me. Well, that and #7 1/2. I mean, who doesn't like to play?

1 comment:

Sherwood said...

To be curious about anything and everything, I believe, is one of the best and most valuable qualities for a librarian. It's true to our daily life. Imagine the varieties of questions we have to answer at the ref desk, now called "Info Desk"; they are countless. Good point well written.