Saturday, December 15, 2007

Progress is a comparative of which we have not settled the superlative. - G.K. Chesterton

As the founder of the New York City G.K. Chesterton Society, I'm obviously a huge fan. I'm also extremely used to receiving blank stares when I mention him or any of his writings. Imagine my surprise when I searched Technorati for blog posts referencing GKC and found not just 1 or 2, but 4,191! But even with all that, I'm afraid I share GKC's doubtfulness about progress. After all, progressing down a road is wonderful only as long as we're going in the right direction.

I'm not really a reader of blogs(and am only writing this one as a work project/learning experience). Though I have found a few interesting ones, the whole blogosphere seems a bit like publishing your diary and expecting everyone else in the world to find it fascinating.

So, what did I think of Technorati? If you're into blogging and blog reading it's useful. It worked well. I found it easy enough to use. I'm just not sure how it compares to the superlative.

No comments: